Monday 16 May 2016

Local Quality.

Fantastic birding was to be had at the end of last week.  Firstly on Thursday when a Great-White Egret graced the target pools at rainham, my third one at this site.  Andy finds a late colour ringed  Stone Curlew on wennington (again my third for site), and two Black Terns hawked over aveley pools.  All birds viewable from the serin mound at once!

Saturday afternoon saw me venture a little further east along the A13 to nearbye Vange RSPB to see both Black-winged stilt (pair off), and a superb female Red-footed falcon.  The latter my first for some years now since the seventy acres lake bird up in the lea valley.

Hopefully we will get another at rainham to complete my treble here to.






















This little fledgling was along the cycle path at the west end of Rainham, I thought it was all alone until mum pheasant came out and attacked me Capercaillie style!

No comments:

Post a Comment