Saturday 11 May 2013

The early bird doesn't always catch the worm

After a ruby last night with the family, washed down with half a dozen Cobra's, and being the good father/husband I am (or was just too hungover to get out early!) I spent some quality time in this morning with them, and I didn't get to the patch till 11o'clock this morning.  Though this seemed to work in my favour today.  As I pulled up I could see three small waders thus turning out to be my first SANDERLING of the year with just one of the birds being in summer plume.



i phone scoped



Scanning the far side (crossness) with the scope I saw two crows frantically gaining height which led me to my second RED KITE for the site and first of the year, which done the right job and headed north of the river allowing me to add it to my Barking list.





With the tide now in I headed to the scrub and added my first calling Cuckoo and House Martin thru, and bumped into two Lesser Whitethroat and a female Whinchat.




No comments:

Post a Comment