Saturday 27 July 2013

Beginners Luck !

No Ive not been on Fair Isle luring rare petrels, but on my ringing site catching a species that most ringers would give their right arm for a chance at (apparently).  The "Common" Cuckoo.  This is nowadays not so "common", so one that very conveniently flew into my miss net was very most welcome and was a great chance to see this species close and personnel.  Especially in East London.









The bird was a fresh juvenile and I'm fairly confident it wasn't bred on site.  Thus assuming this is a migrant bird, or i could be completely wrong as I did have a calling male earlier In the spring!!









Also added my first Goldfinch for the site, (a juv also).  Hopefully more of these to come in the Autumn/Winter season.

No comments:

Post a Comment